A month or so ago I found a message on my phone telling me that a legal/political podcast called Opening Arguments wanted to talk to me about my book. I checked out the podcast on YouTube and loved what I heard and saw. The episodes I found were hilarious and serious at the same time. How else could a legal/political podcast react to the world we live in today?
Then I got an email from one of the hosts, Boston immigration attorney Matt Cameron. In a lengthy missive, Matt told me that he, too, is autistic and that he'd read my book and wanted to talk about it. I happily agreed.
A week or so later I dressed for the event (nice ironed shirt and sweatpants) and set up my laptop so as not to emphasize my double chin. Turns out this version of the podcast was not destined for YouTube, so I needn't have worried.
But what a nice hour. It's always sweet to talk to a similarly situated autistic person. We understand each other!
The podcast is easy to find on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you normally find them. (I'm not a podcast person, so I can't offer much more help than that.) Here is a link to Opening Arguments' Patreon page. Click Here for Opening Arguments.)
One June 26 the book and I will appear on Opening Arguments' Book Club, for Patreon members only. Looking forward to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment